[Buildroot] [RFC 2/3] sunxi-mali: new package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 18 07:16:29 UTC 2013

Dear Spenser Gilliland,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 01:12:17 -0500, Spenser Gilliland wrote:

> > On 2013-07-14 00:10 -0500, Spenser Gilliland spake thusly:
> >> +config BR2_PACKAGE_SUNXI_MALI
> >> +     bool "sunxi-mali"
> >
> > Do you plan on looking to the open source driver, lima, as an
> > alternative to mali?
>
> Yes, I've been looking at it but I'm not sure we should package it
> just yet.  I'm going to work on the ODroidU2 first and come back to
> this.

Is lima actually usable today as a drop-in replacement for libOpenGLES,
libEGL and so on? Last time I had some infos, my understanding was that
it was still some experimental code that isn't yet available in a form
of a drop-in OpenGL ES implementation. I've been looking around
yesterday for more details on the Lima website, but things aren't
really clear, even by having a quick look at the source code.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons