[Buildroot] How to rebuild root filesystem?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jul 8 15:03:19 UTC 2013

Dear Woody Wu,

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:12:10 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:

> okay, may be it tooks too long time to make me think it was building the
> toolchain, maybe it was just building the kernel. Whatever.
>
> When I said external toolchain, I actually's talking about Code Sourery
> which can be selected from buildroot toolchain configuration menu. Maybe
> she's now so external.

If you're using the Sourcery CodeBench toolchain (formerly known as
CodeSourcery toolchains), then you are using an external toolchain, and
the toolchain never gets rebuilt.

> Anyway, for my real question, is there a solution? How to reuild the
> root filesystem from scratch.  Thanks!

The only safe solution is "make clean && make". Any other solution
risks of giving you an inconsistent filesystem in terms of library
dependencies.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons