[Buildroot] Beaglebone Black support

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jul 2 21:43:02 UTC 2013

>>>>> "rh" == rh  <richard_hubbe11 at lavabit.com> writes:

 rh> On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:34:15 +0200
 rh> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni-wi1
 rh> +55ScJUtKEb57/3fJTNBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:

 rh> --8<--

 >> To handle such a bizarre stuff, I don't see any other option that
 >> adding a new kconfig option to specify a shell script to be executed
 >> at "patch" time of the kernel, so that one can do whatever funky
 >> things (s)he wants. That's ugly, but I don't see a nice and generic
 >> way of handling such a bizarre distribution of kernel code.

 rh> It's not a good situation. 3.8 kernel is EOL and it seems that TI
 rh> has no resources to get the code upstream.

Well, things are moving - Just not always as fast as you could hope. TI
is certainly not the worst vendor, but we're not there yet for am335x.

I think the best way forward in the short term would be if somebody
would maintain a git tree containing the kernel sources and Koen's patch
set applied on top, and once in a while sync / send a patch to buildroot
to update the git revision the bbb config uses.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard