[Buildroot] ldconfig - unknown machine 40

Milton Soares Filho milton.soares.filho at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 22:25:49 UTC 2013

On 28 June 2013 13:55, Ciarán Rehill <cir.vfi at gmail.com> wrote:
>     /sbin/ldconfig: /lib/libnsl.so.1 is for unknown machine 40.
> [...]
> *** Firstly, anyone else seeing this?  Searching doesn't turn up much.

Me too! Trying to build a ST sh4 target using an external toolchain.
My host machine has Ubuntu 13.04 x86-64 installed and ships ldconfig
version 2.17.

> *** Most importantly, any ideas on how to successfully use Buildroot on an
> F18 machine for ARM (or any non-Intel arch, I suppose)?

Still have no idea on how to fix this issue, since my external
toolchain is pre-compiled and does not ship cross-ldconfig within it.
I have done a workaround using LD_LIBRARY_PATH on the target
initialization scripts, but assuming it's a sub-optimal solution.

Best regards.

[]s, milton