[Buildroot] [pull request] Pull request for branch yem-misc-updates

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jul 1 09:42:39 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Yann" == Yann E MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> writes:

 Yann> From: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
 Yann> Hello All!

 Yann> This two-patch series adds some cosmetics to the legacy menu.

 Yann> The first patch displays the removal date in the menuconfig, to show
 Yann> the user how old the legacy options he's using are.

 Yann> The second patch adds to the top-level comment, that legacy options
 Yann> will be removed at some point in the future, and that non-updated
 Yann> .config files may fail to build, or run, in unpredictable ways.

 Yann> If we do not intend to remove legacy options, let's just drop patch #2,
 Yann> of course.

I think we do, question is how soon? 6 months, 1 year?

They are not very expensive, so I suggest we keep them for 1 year.

Committed series, thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard