[Buildroot] Linux and busybox-configfiles

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:16:36 UTC 2013

2013/1/27 Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de>:
> Hello all,
>
> buildroot provides direct calls to the configuration menus for busybox
> and linux:
>
> make linux-menuconfig
> make busybox-menuconfig
>
> Additionally, there is a linux-savedefconfig make target.
>
> All these save their output in the build directory, so that all changes
> get lost when "make clean" is called. Thus I don't think that I am the
> only one who has been surprised to notice that "make busybox-menuconfig
> && make clean && make" does not have any effect on busybox's configuration.

I have been bitten by this recently and it is a real bad surprise when :
_ you lost days figuring out how the hell the option that should save
you has no effect on your porblem
_ you lost what you did in your configs ...

It may simply be a matter of documentation, but it's really a pain to
learn that this way.