[Buildroot] rebuilding a project on older commits

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 09:11:46 UTC 2013

Hello Thomas,

Am 27.01.2013 09:30, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
> The easiest way is to use an external toolchain. This way, your
> toolchain is never rebuilt, but directly used pre-compiled.

Yes, this is the solution. Right now I build the toolchain with ct-ng
inside buildroot.
Is it possible to move this existing toolchain outside buildroot or
should I rebuild from scratch?

> Does Busybox has the init applet enabled? Is /sbin/init a symbolic link
> to /bin/busybox? Are the shared library loader and the C library both
> available in /lib in your root filesystem?

For the first two points I can answer with yes, but your tip with the
/lib folder is the right one. This folder is empty, and this also in the
output/target directory so it must be empty in the rootfs.tar too.

So the libraries in the /lib folder are missing there must be something
wrong with the config of the ct-ng? Any suggestions where I have to look to?

PS: I'm on a business trip shortly so I can't answer quickly.

--
Regards
Carsten