[Buildroot] Target rebuilding

Stephan Hoffmann sho at relinux.de
Thu Jan 17 13:27:46 UTC 2013

Hello Jérôme!

Am 17.01.2013 12:04, schrieb Jérôme Pouiller:
> Hello all,
>
> It is handy to do tests directly in target/. But after some time, it is
> necessary to make a new fresh target/ directory.
This topic comes up from time to time. Once upon a time I sent a patch
to introduce a "make target-clean" (
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2012-October/060484.html )
, but it does not seem that this feature can be implemented in a
reliable way, especially when libraries are removed from .config.

So for now I fear we have to stick to "make clean && make" if we want to
clean up our file system.
>  The current procedure to do
> this is:
>
> * remove build/.root (or remove target/ if you want to throw all your work)
What's the use in removing the stamp file and keeping the target
directory? I think the whole proccedure is meant to chean up the target
file system, isn't it?

Regards

Stephan

--