[Buildroot] New kernel source mode [Proposal]

Przemyslaw Wrzos przemyslaw.wrzos at calyptech.com
Thu Jan 17 06:25:35 UTC 2013

Here's the patch I mentioned that will allow Linux to be built out of
tree, from an existing source directory.

This patch doesn't correct for the packages that may require direct
access to the source tree (and which assume it's found under LINUX_DIR)
but I can do that later if it's decided there's any merit to the patch
I'm proposing here.

I'm going to submit a separate suggestion for the generic out of tree
build system discussed by Thomas Petazzoni, but that is going to be
fairly compatible with what I have here so there's no reason both
suggestions can't be examined.

I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Przemyslaw