[Buildroot] New kernel source mode [Proposal]

Jeremy Rosen jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr
Tue Jan 15 08:18:14 UTC 2013

>      So, for each package, the source code is extracted in
>      output/sources/<pkg>-<version>/, and the build takes places in
>      output/build/<pkg>-<version>/ for target packages, and
>      output/build/host-<pkg>-<version>/ for host packages.

just a small detail but...

could you consider building in output/build/target instead of directly int
output/build/ for the target ?

1) the host/ part won't be hidden in the middle of all sorts of directories that are package specific
2) it would avoid confusion in the case we somday include a utility named "host"

    Regards

    Jérémy Rosen

fight key loggers : write some perl using vim