[Buildroot] [pull request v2] Pull request for branch yem-export-vars

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Jan 13 22:16:04 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Yann" == Yann E MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> writes:

 Yann> Hello All!
 Yann> This series introduces exporting a variable, $(BUILDROOT_CONFIG), that
 Yann> contains the fully-qualified path to out .config.

 Yann> In some cases, scripts in support/ need to parse our .config (eg. the
 Yann> dependency-checking script needs to check the conformity of rxternal
 Yann> toolchain features).

 Yann> Also, some Makefile fragments (eg. the crosstool-Ng backend) need to
 Yann> refer to this config file for make-dependency-checking.

 Yann> This was currently done in different ad-hoc manners, and is not scalable.

 Yann> I'll also use it later to retrieve the password encoding scheme when
 Yann> creating users from packages.

 Yann> Changes v1 -> v2:
 Yann>   - rename BR2_CONFIG_FILE -> BUILDROOT_CONFIG (Arnout)
 Yann>   - use $(BUILDROOT_CONFIG) in top-level Makefile, too (Arnout)

Committed series, thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard