[Buildroot] Proposed util-linux split

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Tue Feb 26 18:49:15 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 03:40 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> I just checked, and PAM is only needed when login-utils is enabled.
>
> Also, 2.22 has apparently moved to a non-recursive usage of automake,
> which should make the build much, much faster.

Yes, we loose util-linux login for non-pam installations.
It's the upstream policy, everyone should have PAM.
On a personal level i don't care really, for the smallest login there's
busybox.
Yes, the build is faster too, however excluding components isn't good on
the non-recursive usage of automake, we'd just have to use good'ol rm in
a POST_BUILD hook unfortunately.
Regards.