[Buildroot] autopoint [was: Re: multchoice menu with kconfig]

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Feb 18 21:36:32 UTC 2013

On 18/02/13 17:32, Stefan Fröberg wrote:
> Speaking of autoconf (or actually autoreconf):
>
> I have a prelink package ready here and I had to do PRELINK_AUTORECONF =
> YES what happens is that it complains about
> missing ./ABOUT-NLS and ./config.rpath .
> I tried to give PRELINK_AUTORECONF_OPTS = --install --force so that it
> would create those missing files but it did not change anything.
>
> The only thing that worked was doing the following horrible looking stuff:
>
> define PRELINK_POST_PATCH_FIXUP
>      (cd $(@D); \
>      autopoint)
> endef
>
> PRELINK_POST_PATCH_HOOKS += PRELINK_POST_PATCH_FIXUP
>
> Im still using 2012.08 version of buildroot so could that be the reason
> that buildroots autoreconf does not create those two missing files ?

  Packages that require autopoint can't be reconfigured by buildroot -
I'm not sure why. The autopoint program is not one of our dependencies,
so we can't rely on autopoint being present.

  However, now that there is a host-gettext package, we could probably
add the possibility to add autopoint support to autoreconf.

  Just touching ABOUT-NLS and config.rpath may also work, though.

  Regards,
  Arnout