[Buildroot] Adding a ModemManager package

Shawn J. Goff shawn7400 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:22:53 UTC 2013

On 02/17/2013 04:29 PM, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> On 17/02/13 18:07, Shawn J. Goff wrote:
>> I'm trying to add a ModemManager package. While building, I'm getting
>> this error during the installation step: "/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so: file not
>> recognized: File format not recognized". This looks like it's looking at
>> my host's libgcc_s.so instead of the target's version. If that's the
>> case
>> I'm not sure why or how to fix it. I did have to use autogen.sh to
>> create
>> the configure script and lots of other stuff; I did this on my host
>> system, so I'm not sure if that is affecting it.
>
>  Hi Shawn,
>
>  I haven't been able to reproduce your issue because your patch didn't
> include the libqmi package.
Oops... forgot about that. I've been sitting on that patch because
libqmi v1.0 has some bugs that have been fixed, but they haven't set a
version number since then, so it's just got a sha for the version
number. I'll go ahead and submit that, though.

> However, it is very well possible that the issue is caused by running
> 'autogen.sh'. Is it possible that the libtool patch doesn't get
> applied? I see that libtool adds "-rpath /usr/lib" to the link
> command, and I believe the libtool patch removes exactly that.
>
>  To create configure properly, you need to set _AUTORECONF to YES, as
> mentioned by Thomas. Unfortunately, that is not so easy...

Yes - I noticed :-)
> - modem-manager uses gettext macros provided by the gettext package,
> so you need to add host-gettext to the dependencies. But host-gettext
> doesn't exist yet - I'll send a patch to add it.

Awesome.
> - modem-manager requires gtkdocize to be run. We certainly don't want
> to add gtkdocize to buildroot. But since it just generates two files
> for a total of 350 lines, it's easy to add that with a package patch.
Yes, actually, I do that with libqmi, so I'm familiar with that.