[Buildroot] disable downloaded source cache

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Feb 14 08:32:37 UTC 2013

Dear Lionel Orry,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:11:30 +0100, Lionel Orry wrote:

> Well I have a cleaner way actually that I used previously, which is to
> use a ROOTFS_POST_BUILD build script that clones the repository and
> 'rsync' it on the target rootfs, I was mainly wondering if I could
> achieve the same using the ROOTFS_OVERLAY feature. It seems it's not
> enough for my needs, so I will actually stick to my previous
> ROOTFS_POST_BUILD script and forget about ROOTFS_OVERLAY.

Yes, I think you're right. The ROOTFS_OVERLAY feature was added to help
people that are in the simple case of a rootfs overlay stored in
board/<something>/<foobar>/, and make the possibility of using a rootfs
overlay more practical to use for newcomers.

However, for more complicated/specific cases, using the post-build
script remains the right option.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons