[Buildroot] [RFC] Python 3 external packages support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 11 15:42:31 UTC 2013

Dear Patrick,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:40:36 +0000 (GMT), Patrick wrote:

> Does it sounds accetable to move all the Python related stuff
> (python2, python3 and all python-* packages) to a single directory
> called python ? I know that you would like to have a flat
> arborescence for all packages, but this will help to provide a more
> friendly python menu

The tree of directory is not related to the layout of the menus in
menuconfig/xconfig. So you can perfectly have a flat tree of
directories, and an hierarchical representation of options in
menuconfig/xconfig.

In terms of directories, we prefer a flat solution I believe, even
though it's true some package groups do have their own subdirectory
(for example x11r7).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons