[Buildroot] Report from the Buildroot Developers Meeting

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Feb 8 23:42:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

As it had been announced on this list, a Buildroot Developers Meeting
took place earlier this week, on Monday and Tuesday in Brussels, right
after the FOSDEM conference. We'd like, again, to thank Google, who
kindly offered to host the meeting in the Brussels offices of the
company, providing excellent conditions for the meeting.

Seven persons participated to the meeting: Peter Korsgaard, Arnout
Vandecappelle, Samuel Martin, Thomas De Schampheleire, Yann E. Morin,
Dimitrios Siganos and myself;

During the meeting, a large number of topics have been discussed, and
notes were taken live, mainly by Arnout. Those notes are all available
on the wiki page of the event at:

  http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysFOSDEM2013#List_of_topics_to_discuss

Do not hesitate to comment those discussions as a reply to this e-mail.

In addition, I've done a quick summary of some of the most important
topics discussed, and included a nice picture of the participants in a
blog post on Emlinews:

  http://www.emlinews.net/2013/02/buildroot-developers-meeting-report/

While it has not been formally discussed during the meeting, it can be
assumed that the next Buildroot Developers Meeting will take place next
to the upcoming Embedded Linux Conference Europe (October 23-25 in
Edimburgh, UK).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons