[Buildroot] bug report: c++ programs built by toolchain crash by seg fault

hayate hayatelee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:04:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>wrote:

> Hayate, All,
>
> On Tuesday 05 February 2013 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:24:55 +0800, hayate wrote:
> > > arm little endian; generic arm; OABI; gcc 4.6.3 with c++ support;
> > > uclibc 0.9.31.1
> >
> > Can you test with EABI?
> >
> > Really OABI is deprecated. It would not be surprising at all that there
> > are issues with OABI.
>
> What I would suggest when using technologies of the previous millenium, is
> to use tools dating from the same era. Use a combo of {binutils,gcc,libc}
> that were current at that time to build your toolchain.
>
> Then, use that toolchain as an external toolchain for Buildroot.

Actually I can build an old toolchain for my system, but I just really want
to use new gcc features (especially C++), if not 4.7, 4.6 is fine.

BTW, I tried crosstool-NG, but there are some building errors I cannot
solve in building glibc or uclibc.

Note however that, using too old components might not be possible either,