[Buildroot] Question about patches

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Feb 7 08:31:29 UTC 2013

Dear Przemyslaw Wrzos,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 11:47:35 +1100, Przemyslaw Wrzos wrote:
> Great, thanks for the heads up. The patch was more of an enhancement
> so there's no rush, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't get lost.

Nowadays, patches normally don't get lost: whenever a patch is sent to
the list, it is recorded by our "patchwork" and becomes listed at
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/. Then, it takes
some human action to either apply the patch, or remove it from this
list, or something. But at least all patches sent to the list are
recorded.

However, as you can see, the number of patches to be applied/considered
is quite large, so if your patch hasn't had much attention, it is not
bad after a week or two (as suggested by Arnout) to ask what is
happening.

> I had a quick look around the website but couldn't find a release
> schedule, merge windows, etc. If there's nothing like that right now
> it would probably be useful to help keep a track of what's going on
> for end developers who are not as closely involved with the project.

Hum, indeed. Will try to cook a patch for the manual about this.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons