[Buildroot] X11 component versions

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Feb 4 22:46:37 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Dechesne <ndec13 at gmail.com> writes:

 Nicolas> hi there,

 Nicolas> i was wondering if there is any policy regarding how/when X11
 Nicolas> components are being upgraded in BR. at the moment some pieces
 Nicolas> seem a little old (xserver is from b/o 2011, libdrm is from
 Nicolas> e/o 2010...)  perhaps most BR population might not be using
 Nicolas> X11, but i might be wrong.

 Nicolas> i expect that upgrading all x11 components is not a trivial
 Nicolas> task...  and I was thinking that we could at least try to
 Nicolas> bring up all components corresponding to the R7.7 [1] release
 Nicolas> which was done earlier this year...

Our X11 packages were updated to the 7.6 release relatively recently
(September). Any help in updating to 7.7 would be appreciated.

Also see ./support/scripts/xorg-release for an overview of what packages
needs to be updated.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard