[Buildroot] X11 component versions

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Feb 4 22:06:43 UTC 2013

On 04/02/13 22:37, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> another question: do we really want to have 100+ patches to upgrade to
> R7.7, or should we make 1 commit that bumps all components (and
> remove/add the relevant ones)? I am asking because i think that any
> 'commit' in between the 100+ patches could put BR in a bad state.. Of
> course if we upgrade just 1 specific component later on (before R7.8
> is made) then it can be made 'manually', but for large release
> upgrade, maybe 1 commit makes sense..

  I certainly prefer a single tested patch than 100 patches where the
intermediate steps have not been tested.

  The server should perhaps be a separate patch, because it probably
needs changes in the configure options as well. But then again, this
could leave the tree in an unbuildable state...

  Regards,
  Arnout