[Buildroot] X11 component versions

Nicolas Dechesne ndec13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:37:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Yes, I am not sure what to do with the applications. Some of them
> appear to be part of X.org releases, but not all of them. Not sure what
> to do about these.
>
> Do you have a suggestion?

well, what i would say is:
 - for apps included in X11 release, take them all
 - for other apps, it's a 'distro' choice to include it... so I would
keep the one we have already, here I assume there must be a reason why
they are there in BR already... and we can add new ones as needed...

another question: do we really want to have 100+ patches to upgrade to
R7.7, or should we make 1 commit that bumps all components (and
remove/add the relevant ones)? I am asking because i think that any
'commit' in between the 100+ patches could put BR in a bad state.. Of
course if we upgrade just 1 specific component later on (before R7.8
is made) then it can be made 'manually', but for large release
upgrade, maybe 1 commit makes sense..

your xorg-release script is really nice, we could even have the script
update the recipe ;-)