[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures, december 26th

Fatih Aşıcı fatih.asici at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 08:12:06 UTC 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013 11:35:11 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> >    aarch64 |                qt5script-5.2.0 | NOK |
> >http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/5d455148cfee5b804d38822386e03ee306
> >1ac15f/
>
> No support for AArch64 in JavaScriptCore, if I understand correctly.
> But wasn't the Javascript interpreter changed with the removal of
> qt5jsbackend? I'm not really following between the Javascript
> interpreter used by qt5script, by the qt5declarative stuff and by the
> qt5webkit stuff. Are they three different Javascript interpreters?

There is a bug report[1] for AArch64 with a patch for Qt4. I have started
watching it.

qtscript has an old copy of JavaScriptCore directory found in qtwebkit.
qtdeclarative has stuff from v8 project; but it is quite different from
others. None of these packages have support for AArch64. We must disable them
on AArch64 until the bundled javascript interpreters gain support for this
architecture.

[1] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-35442