[Buildroot] Fwd: reg: buildroot build iso image

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Dec 27 18:56:58 UTC 2013

Dear Thiyagarajan,

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:37:54 +0530, Thiyagarajan wrote:

>  I used the buidroot for building custom embedded linux. I compiled the
> buildroot2013.12 and i am able to build the rootfs.iso9660 image file. If i
> will try with this iso file in virtual box it take into grub prompt, and
> it's stops there itself.

Please add "iso9660" to the list of filesystems supported by Grub,
using the BR2_TARGET_GRUB_FS_SUPPORT option.

I will send some patches that make that automatic, but for the time
being, just add "iso9660" after "ext2fs" and "fat" in this option.

I've just tested this with Qemu, and it fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons