[Buildroot] Patchwork oldest patches cleanup #4 (deadline January 5)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 20:46:32 UTC 2013

All,

Here is the session 4 of the patchwork cleanup. For those who haven't
followed previous sessions, here is a quick recap: every session we'll
be posting the list of the 10 oldest patches, with the original patch
contributors in copy. During two weeks, we have the opportunity to
discuss the patch, whether it is still necessary or not, how it should
be changed to be merged.

In particular, I'm interested in knowing if the original contributor is
still interested by the patch, or if someone else is interested in
adopting the patch and sending an updated version, or if the patch no
longer makes sense due to other changes made in Buildroot.

All patches that have not received any comment or attention before the
deadline will be removed from patchwork. This is aggressive, but we have
many 'dead' patches sitting in patchwork, and this cannot work.

Deadline for this session is December 20.

Below are the 10 oldest patches (obtained with a slightly modified
version of pwclient):
[ pwclient list -s New -n 14 ] (and skip Delegated patches)

lua: remove shared library feature
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/197028

perl: fix build
Francois Perrad <fperrad at gmail.com>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/198013

libatomic_ops version update 7.3alpha2 old version 1.2 does not
compiles with modern gcc and utils
Alexander Khryukin <alexander at mezon.ru>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/198133

[1/1] mesa3d: build with host library with python support
Noel vellemans <noel.vellemans at visionbms.com>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/198840

[07/10] libffi: make thread support optional
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/199883

busybox: needs linux-pam dependency added if using custom busybox
.config & busybox login applet
Stefan Fröberg <stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/199891

[RESEND,2/2] wpa_supplicant: rework .config file editing
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/207037

[4/4] gstreamer: replace gst-ffmpeg with gst-libav
bogdan at nimblex.org
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/207431

[1/2] dbus: bump dbus version from 1.4.24 to current 1.6.8
Gary Coulbourne <bear at bears.org>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/207507

[2/2] dbus: fix permissions of the installed launch helper
Gary Coulbourne <bear at bears.org>
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/207508

Thanks for your input,