[Buildroot] [buildroot] libevas build failure analysis

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Dec 4 09:28:47 UTC 2013

Arnaud,

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:13:52 +0100, arnaud aujon wrote:

> About adding a requirement to have a toolchain with thread support,is there
> any chips/boards that can't have thread support in their toolchain ?

Huh? Having thread support or not is not related to the underlying
hardware (i.e SoC or board). It's a software choice, at the C library
configuration level. So there is absolutely no problem in requiring
thread support for something relatively large such as EFL.

> And as you said, I guess have EFL 1.7 and 1.8 for some time is a good idea.

Why?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons