[Buildroot] Bug in the grub patches

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Dec 4 08:11:34 UTC 2013

Dear Matthew Weber,

Please do not reply to an existing e-mail when you're starting a new
discussion. You're breaking discussion threads by doing so. When you
start a new discussion, simply create a new e-mail.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:41:22 -0600, Matthew Weber wrote:

> It looks like since (nov30) 9b3904543ca04c5d5fe5f6974539eed376de2290 the
> grub pkg now fails when build on a x86_64 for a x86 target.  While using
> an external glibc codesourcery_x86 201209 toolchain.

> This last error looks like a 32 vs 64bit issue.
>
> I'm guessing the build for x86 on a x86_64 patches introduced this, but I
> haven't made it through all recent grub updates yet.

Thanks for this report! However, I have been unable to reproduce: I am
building on a 64 bits machine (uname -m reports x86_64), and grub
builds fine with the codesourcery x86 2012.09 toolchain. More
specifically, I've built the following configuration:

BR2_x86_64=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
BR2_INIT_NONE=y
# BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX is not set
# BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_TAR is not set
BR2_TARGET_GRUB=y

Can you give me your Buildroot .config, as well as the complete build
log of Grub, and the Grub config.log file?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons