[Buildroot] [buildroot] libevas build failure analysis

Lionel Orry lionel.orry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 08:45:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM, arnaud aujon <arnaud.aujon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an answer from upstream, they said threads are mandatory in 1.8
> release, don't know yet about our current 1.7.7, do we have any plan bumping
> to 1.8 ?

They just released the 1.8 version, I think it's time to think about
the bump, but there are some quite fundamental changes between 1.7 and
1.8 (most noticeable one is the merged tree instead of separate source
code for core libraries), and the bump is probably not that easy at
first, and then, I also suppose there are some applications that may
still need 1.7 among buildroot users.

I would then suggest to have EFL 1.7 and EFL 1.8 in parallel for some
time. Maybe we should create efl18 package.

As for EFL 1.7, maybe the easiest to do is require a toolchain with
threads support.

What do you think ?