[Buildroot] iMX6Q prerequisite patches for Qt5

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Apr 22 06:15:02 UTC 2013

  Hi Henk,

On 20/04/13 17:26, H.Fijnvandraat at inter.nl.net wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been successfull in compiling Qt5 for the Freescale iMX6Q processor
> using the contributions from Thomas Petazzoni.
>
> However, the iMX6Q uses a closed source Vivante GPU, which must be handled
> by some libraries.
>
> The attached patches are an attempt to incorporate these into Buildroot.

  I had to make changes in Qt5 itself as well to make it work. Didn't you
need to?

  I also have the following problem with the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q package.
It's a binary that is linked to a soft-float glibc library.  I had
already added

         # Library binaries are linked against libc.so.6
         depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_CTNG_glibc || \
                 BR2_TOOLCHAIN_CTNG_eglibc || \
                 BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_GLIBC

but that doesn't yet capture the softfloat aspect. The alternative is to
lock it on to a specific external toolchain version, but I don't like to
take away so much freedom from the user (plus it's really annoying when
deprecating old toolchains).

  Finally, also some comments on the patch submitting process.

- Please send patches in-line, with a single patch per e-mail. That makes
it easy to make reviews per e-mail. The preferred way of sending patches
is to use git send-email.

- Please make separate patches for adding a new package and for updating
other packages to make use of it. Also make the version bump of imx-lib a
separate patch.

- Please word-wrap all lines at 80 columns.

  If you are not going to submit updated versions of your patch, please
let us know so somebody else can take over (we will make sure your
authorship information is retained).

  Regards,
  Arnout