[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: Basic questions about using BuildRoot

Martin Peevski martin at ronetix.at
Fri Sep 28 14:02:08 UTC 2012

On 27/09/12 15:21, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Martin Peevski,
>
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:57:30 +0300, Martin Peevski wrote:
>
>>> I'd rather recommend using the latest mainline version. AT91
>>> support in mainline is really good.
>> I think that it's mandatory to use exactly 2.6.30 version because the
>> Ronetix board isn't included in the main line of any later Kernel.
> Ok. That said, porting a recent kernel on a AT91SAM9G45 board is
> probably a matter of a few hours for someone knowledgeable with ARM
> kernel development, unless the board has some funky peripherals that
> are not supported in mainline.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas

Hi again! I build only rootfs with Buildroot using the toolchain for
building the Kernel in early stage. But the Ethernet have some problems.
Find the PHY correctly but can't make ping.

So my suggestion to fix the problem is to build the Kernel and the
rootfs together in Buildroot. Shall this thing correct the problem?

Also want to ask because I was impossible to configure the Buildroot
using Kernel sources from my computer. Is it possible and how? If it's
impossible I can deliver the sources via internet but they are not in
Git repository, is that problem?

Thanks in advance!
Martin