[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: Basic questions about using BuildRoot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 27 09:53:21 UTC 2012

Dear Martin Peevski,

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:55:51 +0300, Martin Peevski wrote:

>       Hi, I'm back to Buildroot. I new working Linux on board which
> isn't supported to that moment in Buildroot, I think - AT91SAM9G45 on
> Ronetix board. Is it possible to build for it?

Yes, of course.

> Moreover I will use
> external Kernel which support 9g45 - Kernel version 2.6.30.

I'd rather recommend using the latest mainline version. AT91 support in
mainline is really good.

> That version isn't supported from the Kernel headers, I think? Can you
> help me build the Linux again?

Don't worry too much about the kernel headers version, it doesn't have
to match exactly the kernel you're running. It should just be *older*
than the kernel version you're running on the board.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons