[Buildroot] SD card RFS

Zoran Djordjevic djdjdjole at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 09:58:16 UTC 2012

Hello

I built root file system using Buildroot and it works OK on my target
ARM board, when settled in NFS.
I tried to dislocate it to SD card. So I rebuilt kernel to include Ext2
file system support.  At last it worked, but what confuses me is kernel message:
 "EXT2-fs error (device mmcblk0p3): ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 56899"
"read-only file system detected "
mmcblk0p3 is Ext2 partion which holds RFS (kernel is at other partition).
I used "touch somefile" to create file - it succeeded, also "ls -a > somefile" -
generate corect output to "somefile". So it seems to me - RFS is not read only.
Then why above message ?
I tried using emacs- but seems like it has unusuall commands (Ctrl-x; Ctrl-s
for example doesn't save file - no messages) so I didn't succeed editing "somefile".
However, test described above, is quite illustrative - it saves data.

Regards