[Buildroot] Basic questions about using BuildRoot

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 17:50:05 UTC 2012

Op 15 sep. 2012 19:29 schreef "Martin Peevski" <martin at ronetix.at> het
volgende:

>      Hello, I'm new embedded Linux user and need a little help to build
embedded Linux system with BuildRoot tool for AT91SAM9263 target. May
questions are described below:

>      1. After system configuration is done with make menuconfig command,
shall I execute only make command to build the entire embedded system? Or
there is need to execute make at91sam9263ek_defconfig command prior or
after the pure make command?

If there is a defconfig for your board, you would start with 'make
xxx_defconfig' and then possibly 'make menuconfig' to tune the
configuration. The defconfig serves as a start that should work out of the
box.

>      2. If I not make additional configuration with busybox-menuconfig or
the corresponding command for configuration the Linux Kernel, shall the
build system work on the target?

If you started from a defconfig that corresponds to your board, then yes
it's supposed to work just like that.