[Buildroot] Basic questions about using BuildRoot

Martin Peevski martin at ronetix.at
Sat Sep 15 17:29:30 UTC 2012

      Hello, I'm new embedded Linux user and need a little help to build
embedded Linux system with BuildRoot tool for AT91SAM9263 target. May
questions are described below:

      1. After system configuration is done with make menuconfig
command, shall I execute only make command to build the entire embedded
system? Or there is need to execute make at91sam9263ek_defconfig command
prior or after the pure make command?

      2. If I not make additional configuration with busybox-menuconfig
or the corresponding command for configuration the Linux Kernel, shall
the build system work on the target?

      I will be thankful to any help!
      With best regards, Martin Peevski.