[Buildroot] make savedefconfig

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Sep 15 09:01:22 UTC 2012

On 09/15/12 01:32, Dallas Clement wrote:
> I'm not feeling overly confident in 'make savedefconfig'.  It appears
> to not save everything I think it should after making changes with
> 'make menuconfig'.  I have attached a comparison of my original config
> file (shown on the right) with the defconfig file produced by 'make
> savedefconfig' (shown on the left).  As you can see, the items shown
> in red did not make it into the defconfig.  Some of these are pretty
> important, such as:
>
> BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION

  Is derived automatically from BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION_1_19_X

> BR2_ROOTFS_SKELETON_CUSTOM_PATH

  There's something wrong in your .config: it should normally be quoted.
Did you edit the .config manually?  I suspect the lack of quotes is the
reason why it doesn't end up in defconfig.

  Another strange thing is that you have the GENERIC_GETTY things
in your .config.  They shouldn't be there if you have SKELETON_CUSTOM.

> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_UBOOT_IMAGE
> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_UIMAGE

  These default to y.

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540