[Buildroot] [network-manager] Apply upstream patch to fix compilation with kernel-headers >= 3.4

Markos Chandras markos.chandras at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:33:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Markos> There is no need to apply this patch if you bump the
>  Markos> package. This patch only fixes the compilation problem for
>  Markos> version 0.9.2.0, which is the one we have on buildroot.
>
> Ahh, I thought it was a post-0.9.6 change. Any reason to not just move
> to the latest upstream?
>
> I gather that you are using the network manager package? I'm not using
> it myself, perhaps you would be interested in testing 0.9.6?
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately I am not using networkmanager myself. I just hit this
problem in one of my buildroot compilation tests. There is no good
reason for not moving to the latest 0.9.6.0 release but since I don't
use it myself, I can't provide a patch for the version bump. All I can
do is a compilation test at the moment.

Markos