[Buildroot] big root fs

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 12 08:27:27 UTC 2012

Le Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:21:03 -0700 (PDT),
Zoran Djordjevic <djdjdjole at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> It is hard to send output/target folder, because it is about 100MB uncompressed.
> Maybe someone will have suggestion, according to next size info:
> The biggest folder inside "target" is /lib(20MB) and  /usr - 86MB (/usr/lib -20MB ; /usr/share - 60).
> Inside /usr/share - the most parts go to folders: locale (35MB);

Enable option BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE_PURGE. And you can probably set
BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE_WHITELIST to just "C en_US". This should get rid of
most of your usr/share/locale directory.

I'm wondering whether we should make BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE_PURGE=y and
BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE_WHITELIST="C en_US" the defaults.

> fonts(20MB) and X11(5MB).
> I can send some of them although I am aware that info I provided is not so clear.

Can you send the output of:

	cd output/target/
	ls -lRS

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons