[Buildroot] big root fs

Zoran Djordjevic djdjdjole at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 12:29:52 UTC 2012

Hello

I built linux kernel using Buildroot, but included glibc support instead of
uClibc. For that matter I was using Crosstool NG.
I achieved the goal - compiled the GTK applications and they work on
my target ARM board. All of that is by using NFS on my Ubuntu machine.
However the size of generated jffs2 is 52MB- which is huge for me.
Although I included GTK examples, and maybe few more properties I still
wander if the size is related (only) to glibc matter.
I will try building with uClibc (only to detect difference in size), but at the
moment it is important to me to use glibc, so what else can contribute to
overal size of image, other than  (maybe) glibc.
I attatched my .config if someone want to look at it and maybe find some
memory eating matter. Also, can size of glibc be reduced, by throwing
out some properties.

Regards