[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2012-09-01

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:01:09 UTC 2012

Hi Stephan,

2012/9/2 Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de>:
> Am 02.09.2012 08:32, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 2012-09-01, 83 random build tests have been done and
>> submitted on autobuild.buildroot.net.
>>  56 builds have been successful
>>  27 builds have failed
>>

>> Build 225b282a1e6ebf8f754d176a6732d80111856d8e
>>
>> Status         : NOK
>> Failure reason : alsa-lib-1.0.25
>> Architecture   : bfin
>> Submitted by   : Thomas Petazzoni (Free Electrons build server)
>> Submitted at   : 2012-09-01 06:51:36
>> Git commit ID  : http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=666eb02be3cd4115a1ef8b78a63d64d12b24469e
>> End of log     : http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/225b282a1e6ebf8f754d176a6732d80111856d8e/build-end.log
>> Complete log   : http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/225b282a1e6ebf8f754d176a6732d80111856d8e/build.log.bz2
>> Configuration  : http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/225b282a1e6ebf8f754d176a6732d80111856d8e/config
>> Defconfig      : http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/225b282a1e6ebf8f754d176a6732d80111856d8e/defconfig
>>
> Hello,
>
> I just started looking at this. The cause of the problem is that the
> tool chain lacks suppot for the "versionsort" routine.
>
> In uClinux there is a patch adding a versionsort to alsalib locally,
Don't hesitate to add a link to that patch ;)

> but this doesn't seem to be a good solution to me, especially since I assume
> that most other toolchains have versionsort so that such a patch would
> breal other architectures.
>
> There are also some other patches for alsa-lib that would be needed to
> support blackfin. How shall we handle such architecture dependent patches?
Since alsa-lib is an autotools-based package:
- the configure script should check whether the toolchain has or not
versionsort and define a preprocessor macro if needed;
- the patch applied on the source should only add some code if the
macro is defined.

This way, the patch will have no effect if the toolchain has
versionsort support.

As example, you can check out:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/package/lttng-tools/lttng-tools-no-sync-file-range-in-uclibc.patch

Cheers,