[Buildroot] external toolchains and sysroot

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Oct 23 08:46:49 UTC 2012

On 23/10/12 09:28, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Unless proven otherwise, I believe that the stability we have achieved
> in external toolchain support using this solution is well worth the ~60
> MB copy at the beginning of a build. It takes less than 5 seconds, with
> is in the statistical noise even compared to a simple Busybox-only
> build.

  FWIW, I agree.  The copying of the sysroot is a bit tricky, but at least
after the copy is done, things are nice and consistent.  Also, some trickery
is required anyway to make sure the right things are copied into the target
directory.

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540