[Buildroot] RFC: Manual refactoring - Request for feedback before Buildroot Developer Days.

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 14:31:32 UTC 2012

Hi folks, Buildroot users and developers,

The manual has been under discussion for refactoring for some months [1,2,3,4].
This rework concerns all aspects of the manual (organization/table of
content, and sections' content) [5].

In 4 weeks, the Buildroot Developer Days will take place and I am
pretty sure we will talk about it there [6].

Meanwhile, whatever who you are (BR-users, BR-developers,
BR-maintainers, newcomers or long-term followers, using BR in your
spare-time, or at work...)
we will really appreciate feedback about the current manual:
- what is good
- what is not so good
- what is wrong, or not up-to-date
- what is missing
- what would you like to see in the manual
- all existing material and way to gather them and make them easily
referenced and available for anyone looking for Buildroot
help/doc/tutorial/...
- anything else, remarks, suggestions...

If you feel concerned about Buildroot, its documentation, let your
voice be heard by:
- responding to this mail;
- or updating the Manual refactoring wiki page [5].

Yours,