[Buildroot] ALSA don't work

Martin Peevski martin at ronetix.at
Fri Oct 5 15:34:06 UTC 2012

On 05/10/12 17:59, Stefan Fröberg wrote:
> Have you build your ALSA soundcard drivers as modules ?
>
> what does lsmod command give you ?
>
> have you checked files  in
> /lib/modules/your_kernel_version_here/kernel/sound ?
>
> Best regards:
> Stefan
>
> 5.10.2012 17:42, Martin Peevski kirjoitti:
>> Hi, I build a Linux system with Buildroot but it don't work -
>> impossible to start applications. This is theconsole  log:
>>
>> # aplay -l
>> aplay: device_list:252: no soundcards found...
>> [16:11:18] engineerpeevski: # alsactl init
>> alsactl: init:1743: No soundcards found...
>> [16:11:30] engineerpeevski: # alsaconf
>> -sh: alsaconf: not found
>>
>> Also when the Kernel boots there is a message that a sound card was
>> found and with another rootfs it works. I think that it's something in
>> the config, can you help me, please? I work with AT91SAM9G45 SoC.
>>
>> Thanks in  advance, Martin!
First must tell you that want to use sound only with WAV files!

I built the Kernel with installed in it drivers NOT as modules.

The lsmod command gives me the following:
# lsmod

That's 0 modules I think. Also have not  /lib/modules/ ... /kernel/sound
directory because I haven't modules, I think.

I search in internet and find the following which claims that I must
edit the device table in Buildroot configuration:
http://elasticsheep.com/2011/01/adding-alsa-audio-support-to-a-buildroot-based-system/

but will try it tomorrow. Is it true any way?

Do I need something another special in the config except enabling the
ALSA and needed tools from it, as alsamixet?

Thanks!