[Buildroot] buildroot-2012.08: Error when selecting crosstool-ng

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Oct 2 00:09:51 UTC 2012

Hi Zvi,

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 01:25:11AM +0200, Zvi Vered wrote:
> I'm using buildroot-2012.08 to create toolchain + file system for an x86
> target.
>
> When I set toolchain to: buildroot, the build was OK.
>
> Then I changed to: crosstool-ng and got the following error:

Questions related to crosstool-ng should go to the crossgcc mailing list. See
under "Contacts" at http://crosstool-ng.org/.

[snip]

> The reason I changed to crosstool-ng is  that I want to use glibc and not
> ulibc.
>
> Attached the .config I'm using.

You say you want glibc toolchain, but your .config indicates otherwise:

BR2_TOOLCHAIN_CTNG_uClibc=y
# BR2_TOOLCHAIN_CTNG_eglibc is not set
# BR2_TOOLCHAIN_CTNG_glibc is not set

> Can you help ?

An alternative to building a toolchain from scratch is to use a pre-built
toolchain as external toolchain. Buildroot can even download and install the
Sourcery CodeBench toolchain for you. Just select "External toolchain" in
Toolchain -> Toolchain type, and then select from the options in the
"Toolchain" choice menu.

baruch