[Buildroot] Problem building libglib2

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:31:52 UTC 2012

On Friday 30 November 2012 07:08:13 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Charles Manning,
>
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 06:52:44 +1300, Charles Manning wrote:
> > >   Maybe there's something fishy in your environment.  Can you run
> > > env | grep /lib
> >
> > Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!
> >
> > I have this system set up to automatically set up for openembedded.
> >  That defines PKG_CONFIG_PATH and adds some stuff to PATH which is
> > probably messing things up.
> >
> > I turned off the openembedded auto configuration, nuked output/ and make
> > ran to completion.
> >
> > I have now also learned a lot more about digging around in buildroot.
>
> Wait, wait, could you please reproduce the problem, and reply to
> Arnout's questions (sending us the output of env | grep /lib, or even
> the entire output of env if it doesn't contain any sensitive
> information).
>
> I would like to this which environment variable was causing the
> problem, and if we can add a check in Buildroot for this environment
> variable, in order to avoid similar issues in the future.

The problem was cause by running the openembedded toolchain env setup script
shown below and attached incase it gets too badly messed up by mail.

export PATH=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin:$PATH
export LIBTOOL_SYSROOT_PATH=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
export
PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/pkgconfig
export QTDIR=/usr/local/angstrom/arm
export CONFIG_SITE=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/site-config
alias
opkg='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/opkg-cl -f /usr/local/angstrom/arm/etc/opkg-sdk.conf -o /usr/local/angstrom/arm'
alias
opkg-target='LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/opkg-cl -f /usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/etc/opkg.conf -o /usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi'

I had added the following line to bashrc:

. /path/environment-setup

that caused it to always be added.

I see the Makefile has a line
 unexport PKG_CONFIG_PATH
perhaps that should be
 unset PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Is that enough info?

Sorry I have to go to the day job now, so if you want more I will have to work
on that later.

Thanks for your efforts!

-- CHarles