[Buildroot] Buildroot for avr32

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:25:23 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Dear Thiago A. Corrêa,
>
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:10:36 -0200, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>
>> I have bugged them in support ticket and even in public forum which
>> they keep in avrfreaks.net before the EOL announcement.
>> The answer was that they would after finishing porting their patches
>> to gcc 3.4.x, but I guess they never did.
>
> OpenWRT has gcc 4.4.7 patches and binutils 2.21.1 patches. I've tried
> them, but unfortunately ld segfaults when linking uClibc. I'll do a
> quick investigation, but I don't think I want to invest too much time
> in this architecture...

I'm talking from memory, because I haven't touched much of this for a while.
Back then I tried patches from them and from Atmel, but complex
software such as Qt had problems with them. They might have been
updated since, but the most stable option was the current 4.2.2.

I suspect that at some point the AVR32 support will be dropped, even
from kernel.