[Buildroot] GTK vs Qt

Zoran Djordjevic djdjdjole at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 06:40:04 UTC 2012

When I run GTK demo programs on my ARM board (built during linux building
by Buildroot), I start them by quoting it in xinitrc file (together with window
manager) and then giving xinit command (is there some other way ?).
However, when running Qt demo programs (linux built with Qt support), I can
start them with quoting only -qws option (obviously programs are built with
QtCreator) - ie. no xinit ...
Difference is also regarding startup times (which is pretty big difference when
speaking of first start).
What interests me is why different methods of starting GTK and Qt programs and
also why so huge startup time difference ?

Regards