[Buildroot] Problems at booting U-Boot and loading Kernel

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sun May 20 19:47:58 UTC 2012

On 05/19/12 23:28, Tobias Sachs wrote:
> The second problem is a bit more frustrating. I tried to load a 3.3.5 Kernel after U-Boot boot but it fails with the
> message "can't open /dev/ttyAMA0 permission denied". At this point I tried everything I could imagine.
> I used Static device table and entered the permissions to /"target/generic/device_table.txt" and
> "/target/generic/device/table_dev.txt".
> I tried to use udev and created a file in output/target/etc/udev/rules.d with the name "50-udev.rules" which contains
> the following ***KERNEL="tty[A-Z]*", NAME="%k", GROUP="uucp", MODE="666"***
> In both cases I tried various permissions from 644 to 777. But every time I try to boot these Kernel the error are the
> same.

  This type of issue often appears because you attempt to use the output/target
directory directly (as an nfs-root).  You should always use one of the generated
filesystems in the output/images directory.

  Which type of rootfs did you select?

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540