[Buildroot] (newbie question)

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue May 15 20:51:37 UTC 2012

On 05/15/12 22:42, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le Tue, 15 May 2012 13:28:02 -0700,
> Ron Eggler<reggler at semiosbio.com>  a écrit :
>
>> I downloaded a build root archive that compiles for my Synapse E-10
>> (running ARM9) that works fine. I wanted to add several packages to it, I
>> added folders in the package/ directory and added Config.in and
>> package.mkfiles as described on
>> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/buildroot.html#add_packages (also added it to
>> package/Config.in but for some reason, I don't seem to get the binaries in
>> my final build, why would that be?
>
> Can you post the patch adding your packages? Without looking at your
> Config.in and<pkg>.mk file, it is merely impossible to help you in
> understanding why your binaries aren't installed in the target
> filesystem.

  But first some sanity checks:

1. Did you select the new packages in your configuration?

2. Did buildroot create a build directory for your packages in
output/build/<pkgname>-<version>?  If not, the package is somehow not
selected.

3. Does the build directory contain stamp files, esp. the one called
.stamp_target_intalled?  If not, it was never installed.

4. Does the build directory contain the compiled binaries?  If not, your
build commands are wrong so there are no binaries to install.

5. If you do a 'make <pkg>-dirclean; make <pkg>', what happens?  Do you see
some commands installing the binaries to the target?

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540