[Buildroot] Building For Host as Target

Assaf Inbal shmuelzon at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:14:49 UTC 2012

Hey,

I'm working on a project based on buildroot and I want to have the ability
to compile my packages for both my MIPS target using an external toolchain
(which works great) but I also want to be able to compile for my host.
To be precise, I want to use the local gcc and libraries so I will be able
to run my packages locally as well.
I've tried setting an external toolchain path as "/usr" but as a part of
preparing the target file system everything from my /lib,/etc and others
are copied to the output directory, which is, well, bad.

I've also toyed with creating a fake toolchain that was basically links to
the host's binaries but that also didn't go very well.

Does anyone have an idea on how I might be able to achieve this?

Thanks,
Shmuelzon