[Buildroot] Can I use the toolchain build with buildroot, as an external toolchain ?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:49:31 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-22, Vellemans, Noel <Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com> wrote:

> Q: Can I use a toolchain that has been build with buildroot (before)
> as an external toolchain ?

Yes.  I used to do that.  After a few weeks, I gave up on it and built
an external toolchain using crosstool-ng.

> Q: Is this explained somewhere, on how to do this?

No, because it's much simpler to just build an external toolchain
using crosstool-ng, and then configure Buildroot use that.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I am NOT a nut....
                                  at